View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #7
RandallNeighbour

Well, it's a toss up for me.

I push my motor very hard whenever I drive it. I always take it up to redline a couple of times on the way to work both directions and well, when I take it to the track for a DE weekend it gets flogged repeatedly, like I stole it. But I don't drive my boxster daily. Once or twice a week to work when the weather's nice and I can keep the top down in the underground parking we have at my high rise building.

The reason I wind it up to the top, despite the wear and tear it causes, is to get all the parts fully lubricated and working at full capacity.

Some of these garage queens I used to dream about finding and buying have never been properly driven, or should I say regularly driven the way they were designed to be driven (i.e., up to 5-6k rpm on a regular basis, not sustained at that rpm). I've even seen them advertised with "never seen a track and never driven over 5000 rpm!"

Now why would I want to buy a used Porsche that has never had its motor operating at peak performance? That can't be good.

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 04-25-2012 at 08:43 PM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote