View Single Post
Old 10-23-2005, 12:55 AM   #8
dustinc3

Thumbs up I repainted my calipers and applied sticker kit

In response to your question about painting brake calipers, it is well worth your time. I have a red 1998 boxster with 24k miles and the calipers were looking gray and dingy like all boxster's do after a few years. I ordered "G2" paint kit for $35. I can't remember who I bought the paint kit from, but you can find it at several venders on the web. I also purchased the sticker kit from www.xenonmods.com. I have been driving the car for over a year and the stickers haven't melted. The stickers are heat resistant and the web site that is telling people that they melt are just trying to sell you their stencil kit. I took each wheel off one at a time and cleaned the the caliper before painting. The paint is more like an epoxy and is aplied with a bruch included in the kit (don't wory, it turns out very smooth). I didn't take the calipers apart and it turned out great, no paint on the rear of the calipers, but nobody will ever know. I also painted my hubs with a silver heat paint, which really helped as well. This is also a good time to clean the inside of your wheels. After I completed the job, the car looked new again. I probably spent about 5 or 6 hours on the job, but it really looks great. My neighbor owns a 1998 boxster and he can't believe how good mine looks compared to his.
dustinc3 is offline   Reply With Quote