View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #32
Johnny Danger

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
Name and product, that's about it, and even then product is a stretch. Unless they have some sort of process that they can justify as needing protection, there's nothing proprietary about it. There is however, the possibility that they designed it to only be able to hook up to other Fabspeed parts, but I believe this has been proven to be false. While they may work their best with other Fabspeed parts, if all the items route the same way and have the same fastening features and faces, one should be able to mix and match and make a fine-sounding mess...maybe even find a setup that works better than what Fabspeed engineered..."better" being completely subjective per user.
The point that I'm trying to make, is that the bypass pipes on their newer systems are not only larger diameter, but they route differently as well . About a year ago, I considered purchasing their latest race exhaust. At which time, they informed me that my current Fabspeed bypass pipes would be incompatible for the aforementioned reasons. I'm just trying to help !!

Last edited by Johnny Danger; 04-20-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote