View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #11
san rensho

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay View Post
Thanks nice write-up. I find your #4 was a key for me...had to learn it myself though... Look up and linearize every group of turns in front of (ahhh then there is the blind apex track up here) and slice right through...way less work and overdriving of the car

I am going to try your number 3. How abrupt did he have you unwind?

High speed straight entry into a sweepers are still something I find hard to push and judge towards full capability of the car...still hesitant. What were his cues there?

I have been driving a jeep all winter so I am going to do some karting in the hope that it will tune me up a bit
What I do is slowly ramp it up. At first, approach the corner at a speed you know you can make without lifting. Lets say you know you can take the corner in 4th at 4k rpm. Next time around go through at 4.3k rpm on an even throttle without lifting. Keep going up in small increments until you reach your limit. Set your speed well before the entry, even if it means backing off halfway through the straight and concentrate on looking through the corner for your turn in point.

2000 Boxster 2.7l red/black

Previous cars

1973 Opel Manta
1969(?) Fiat 850 Convertible
1979 Lancia Beta Coupe
1981 Alfa Romeo GTV 6
1985 Alfa Romeo Graduate
1985 Porsche 944
1989 Porsche 944
1981 Triumph TR7
1989 (?) Alfa Romeo Milano
1993 Saab 9000