View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #10
BYprodriver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstPorscheAt18 View Post
Lessons learned I guess.

For the $3000 initial repairs, I completely replaced the top with a new one. That costed around $1100 or so (I bought a brand new top that looks great off ebay)

The headlight assemblies I bought new for $600 each off ebay, and replaced them myself. I guess I overpaid according to what you said. One was cracked and wouldn't pass a safety inspection so I had to replace both to make it look right.

The brake pads costed maybe $400 installed? maybe less. and I had the dealership put them in, they squeak though

All of the above added up to a bit less than $3k

I know nothing about car repairs so I don't think I am going to be able to replace the belts, especially on a boxster.

$600 was spent recently on a cheap bottle of touch up paint and replacing the rear tires. I did this at the dealership, probably a mistake. Probably could have saved $200-300 if I went somewhere else for this.

everyone has told me its almost impossible to blow a head gasket on a porsche. but the mechanic is confident this is the issue... how likely is it? I mean I did drive it hot for months.

Do yourself a favor & search this forum for threads by Jake Raby, he knows Boxster engines better than anyone else in the country & you can learn what you need to do for your car.
BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote