View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #12
Kenny Boxster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmods View Post
Actually stickers are not a major contributing factor in the price (dig your joking side no worries).

One manufacturer makes the kit to last for years and therefore meeting ISO standards. Manufactured by an insured company who meets basic social responsibilities. Not cheap these days

The parts you get is CNC'd and worth half in tooling and electricity. I wouldn't be surprised if the aluminum meets recycled grades Worst case scenario is gradual loosing effect and/or perhaps total failure of the mechanism. What else can really go wrong for $59

Whoever you think sells them at +250% are using the real thing. Mind you mate, some consumers are able to differentiate the various metals and manufacturing processes. Until today, nobody have complained officially of anyone selling cheap alloys at +250%

Not affiliated or anything.... it just worth what it's worth brotha
All in all my shifter has been given me no problems yet, but I will keep the board posted if issues arise. Unless you are the hulk on steroids shifting like mad escaping the police, there should be no humanly way possible to bend/break the metal even with metal fatigue set it. The user that bought the ebay shifter may of bought it from a different seller, so we can't label all lower priced ebay products as inferior. But, like said- I will keep the board posted.
Kenny Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote