View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
blue2000s
Porscheectomy

The Blue 2000 S is sold

The blue2000S went to a new owner today, almost exactly 6 years and a month after I bought it. I'm going to concentrate on finishing up some other car projects and then I'll pick up another car from my wish list. I'm thinking Lotus or Ferrari.

It was actually more tough to see the car drive off than I thought it would be. These cars can somehow become a little part of you, without even realizing it. But I know the new owner is going to enjoy the car and hopefully especially so because of the way I had it set up.

I thought it might be pretty fun to bring my Boxster ownership to a close in the same way that I opened it, with some impressions.

http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/5562-boxster-1st-impressions.html

The first impressions that I had of the car were all cemented over 6 years and 11,000 miles.

I love revving the flat six to redline. After desnorkeling, the engine intake noise and exhaust noise are fantastic. Especially with the top down. The push in the back from flooring the throttle was always satisfying. The power delivery of the engine is great. Other cars of mine with the same level of power don't seem quite as responsive to throttle inputs.

Most of my miles were put on in the mountains of Colorado. This car never failed to impress me with it's balance, grip, and entertaining demeanor. Steering response is first rate. Taking corners at full throttle that would be scary in other sports cars just blow my mind. At the track, the car is so easy to place and control. It's the only time it felt to me that I could have used more power, because the chassis is so impressively capable.

The materials held up well, not that they were especially stressed, but the seats, dash, carpet, and plastics all looked as good as they did when I bought the car. Even the Savannah floor mats cleaned up pretty nicely. Porsche definitely uses nicer carpets than the Japanese do.

Upkeep was pricey, but in-line with what I expected. These aren't cheap cars, but that's not the point.

Overall, this was a great ownership experience, as great as I could have hoped. I still think this is the best car that I've owned so far. It's going to be hard to beat.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote