View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 07:20 AM   #2
MNBoxster

Hi,

Did you dynamically balance the Tire/Wheel? I don't mean Spin Balancing, I mean Dynamically on a computerised Hunter 9700 Series Balancer? I suspect you may have a bad tire, not at all uncommon.

Also, too little information. What are your offsets? Fr/RR? The wrong offset on the rear can cause the issue you're talking about.

Have your Scuff Radius and/or Ackerman Angle changed and was this compensated for? Upsetting these can affect the Caster which you do not mention.

Have you done both a Front and Rear alignment? What adjustments have you made to Factory Specs to allow for the changes in Wheel/Tire?

What you're trying to track down here can have many sources, even compounded ones. If you don't have the proper measuring tools, you're just Stabbing in the Dark.

In order to preserve the investment you've made in the new Rubber, I suggest you take the Car to a proper alignment shop, preferably one which does Race Setups and let them try to diagnose it. A long distance diagnosis on so obscure an issue is near impossible to make. Good Luck!

Happy Motoring!...Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote