View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 05:22 AM   #11
san rensho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jittsl View Post
If Brad hasn't made it clear enough - rear tow (or lack thereof) is more critical than camber.

I would try:
Front camber - as much as you can get
Front tow - none
Rear tow - no more than 1/16" (I run none in my spec Boxster)
Rear camber - whatever you end up with as long as its less than the front.

A soon as the track pipe takes hold buy yourself some GT3 lower control arms (more camber in front) for the front and some adjustable Rear Toe control arms (right combination of toe and camber in the rear). Until you do I suggest you will find it hard to dial out the understeer to your satisfaction.

I would not screw too much with tire pressures. For not much more than the price of a set of tires you can make the mods above. I would hate you to waste the money on ruining a set of tires. In your attempt to remove the understeer you are already reducing the performance of the rear by reducing the camber which will take a toll on the outer edge. Lower the pressures and you will increase the flex (in another attempt to reduce the performance) and further burdening the outer edge.
Ok. I'll just get a conservative alignment done and keep the tire pressures the same all around, which works pretty well now, and see how it feels.

2000 Boxster 2.7l red/black

Previous cars

1973 Opel Manta
1969(?) Fiat 850 Convertible
1979 Lancia Beta Coupe
1981 Alfa Romeo GTV 6
1985 Alfa Romeo Graduate
1985 Porsche 944
1989 Porsche 944
1981 Triumph TR7
1989 (?) Alfa Romeo Milano
1993 Saab 9000