View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 09:17 AM   #14
recycledsixtie
recycledsixtie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveHMCFC View Post
I've just been reading about people who are 1st time buyers, and their same fears as me re major engine failure, and it seems that some of them have had the IMS and/or RMS redone purely as a precaution. These stories however hae all been in 986's. I think I'm more likely to go for a 987. So my question is... could I do the same in a 987 for peace of mind? And how many ££'s is that likely to cost? And also, is it advisable?
I believe that the 2009 Boxster has no ims. Others could confirm this. This is an improvement on the prior ones with the ims. However I would think that a 2009 would be lots of $$$$. I like my IMS guardian as it give me warning of an impending failure. Prof. installed and purchased for one third the cost of new ims install. My 2001 Box base had less than 40k miles when I bought it. I dont believe in spending $$$ on my car unless I have to. I was in Norwich UK and noticed lots of Miata MX5's, but few P cars. In terms of bullet proof I think the MX5 comes first . The Boxster is not bulletproof but driving pleasure and safety is much greater than the MX5. Some would disagree. Enjoy the ride!
recycledsixtie is offline   Reply With Quote