View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 04:47 PM   #14
RandallNeighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD987
Wow...wouldn't it just be easier to put the top up? I think your process has only one less step then a space-shuttle launch. I low-mount the V1 on the windshield and leave both that and the iPod sitting in the modulator base top-down. If I'm going to be gone for a longish time I just close the top, but don't stow them. I feel that if I just roll the windows up it's not easy to reach into get those items, unless you're this guy
I got into the habit after I first bought the car and was scared about the top mechanism. I got it checked out and it's fine but I still try not to raise and lower the top all the time as it's just more wear and tear on an old car.

Also, you must understand where I now live and have lived for 38 years... Houston, Texas. 4th largest city in the world, with enough window smashing, top cutting theives to scare anyone into taking lots of precautions.

When I do put the top up, I still remove my V1 and radio faceplate, as well as anything of value in the cubbies and get them out of sight in the rear storage compartment or in the back trunk... I've had both radar detectors stolen and in-dash stereo units stolen as well in this town through the years. If you can't see it, you don't know it's there to steal and it's not worth the time and risk.

Anyone know how to keep your center caps from being stolen? You have no idea how many Porsches I see in parking lots without them.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote