View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #2
recycledsixtie
recycledsixtie

Garage
Dorset as in UK ? Just where is this Dorset? I have a 2001 Boxster base 2.7 which has adequate power for me. Gets a bit better gas mileage I would think than a 3.2 litre. There will be many others chime in with their 3.2 views. Have never tried the latter. You get the glass rear window I believe in the 2003 or later. I can go fast enough with a 2.7 as our speed limits on the hwy are typically 110kph/ or about 70 mph. I love winding it up in the gears. I have a 5 speed manual. 6 speed I don't know about and would be curious from others is it really needed. There is lots of info on Boxsters on this forum, plus Pelican Parts forum plus Rennlist forums. I bought my Box a year ago and spent the previous winter doing research. Check out the options on the various Boxsters. For instance I have manual key only, no remote entry, no psm. The heated seats and air. cond. are wonderful. Being prepared info. wise i think is essential before u commit. If you don't know much about them get a knowledgeable friend, or join a Porsche club and I feel that a PPI is a must.
Cheers, G.
recycledsixtie is offline   Reply With Quote