View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 05:35 AM   #17
ins_man

Garage
Thanks guys for the input. I think. Some of it was a little harsh. The pics don't show the detail in the wing and the front and back lids. They are not "horrid". They are very nicely done carbon fiber vinyl design. Still, it's not the type of Porsche that I want to drive. I may very well keep the vinyl carbon fiber on the lids because it helps contrast the prominent purple that the car throws off in certain light. But, it will probably have to go anyway. I do think I will get rid of the white sticker on the front of the car. I had the exhaust fixed yesterday. They could not put the two factory side pipes (converters ??) back on because the angle of the new headers. So, I will have those to sell. They were able to reinstall the factory muffler. It sounds nice.
I would like to take the wing off and replace it with a smaller, less "Fast and Furious" spoiler and the Boxster emblem. The problem at this point is the drill holes that will be left behind. Not a big deal, I know. Just fix it. A few things at a time though. I bought the car on Friday. I have already repaired the radio, the drivers seat and the exhaust.
For reference - This is a '99. I live in East Texas between Dallas and Texarkana. I am in a small town where there is no Porsche parts, mechanics, experts, or really anyone who has an opinion on what a "real" Porsche should look or sound like. I could leave this thing alone and be invited to participate in every parade that we have. LOL
I am new to Porsche and new to the whole forum thing as well.
Thank you all for your patients and input.
ins_man is offline   Reply With Quote