View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 06:49 AM   #7
Overdrive
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
I would definitely let the spoiler go...and someone on the forum is looking for one like that for his Boxster race car, so maybe you two can work out a deal.

As for the exhaust, I doubt he paid that much for it if he couldn't tell you what brand it was or the company/source he purchased it from, cause I know if I were saying it cost $1800 I'd probably be putting a name like Fabspeed right behind that figure.

I'm hoping beyond hope that the matte black on your trunk lids is simply a vinyl or something like plasti-dip and can just be peeled off...it really doesn't look good.

I'm not sure what folks you recruit tend to be impressed by, but if it were me I'd be more impressed by a nice, clean-looking Boxster than one that is trying to look like something it's not. It's your car ultimately, but I'd say lose the spoiler and maybe see if the gent looking for a spoiler for his race car (look for the thread in the racing section, as I can't recall his user name at the moment) might want to purchase it from you. There are plenty of other aftermarket options out there that are much more docile, and strictly for looks rather than actual function, but they'd at least look much more classy than the wanna-be ALMS GT car wing.

Anyways, I know you didn't post this for people to critique your car ad infinitum. If this exhaust turns out to be a TopSpeed unit, you're looking at something worth about $350 for the muffler, and very likely to find someone on here who wants it. I'm not sure what year your car is, but if it's a 2000 or younger and has the cat bypass pipes, those are also very desirable and likely to be taken off your hands quickly. Just make sure the seller didn't just give you the muffler or you'll either need to keep those pipes or get replacements (if you have them). If your car is 97-99 you won't have or need these pipes and will only need to check whether or not you also have a different header. If it's just the muffler section that's aftermarket, you're not that far away from having a regular sounding Boxste again (which is fine, they sound pretty good even if they're a bit quiet in stock form).

Good luck with the sale and car.

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote