View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 06:50 AM   #8
RandallNeighbour

In addition to doing everything mentioned above, I do one of the following when I park my boxster:

1) Raise the top. This keeps sticky, theiving fingers out of your car. It also keeps kids and jealous adults from throwing wads of gum in your car (happened to me in May and remnants are still on my brand new floor mats. I guess I should be glad they didn't get it on the seats or dash!)

2) Keep the top down, but employ the little red clip. This keeps the motion sensor on with the top down. But, I always remove and stow my V1, radio faceplate, rollbar inserts and windscreen in the rear trunk. Theives know all about rollbar inserts and windscreens and they're stolen all the time, showing up on Ebay.

Because my car isn't a daily driver, I have the freedom to decide when and where I will drive it. Because of this, I am now taking the car out for the sheer joy of driving it and I don't go into stores or restaurants with it.

I've actually found that people are extra-careful about their doors around my car when I do park it in public places... they know it's an expensive car. Before I bought my car I was super-sensitive when I parked near a pricey sports car or any car that was ding-free for that matter. But like most of you, I respect cars as much or more than I respect some of my family members.

I'd never valet the car either. I remember making this decision after watching Ferris Buller's Day Off.

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 10-19-2005 at 06:54 AM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote