View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 04:47 PM   #1
silentfrosty
Herr Geschwindigkeit

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to silentfrosty
Fixing suspension problems

Just got back from my mechanic, which basically opened a can of worms when he started checking it out. I had no idea I had so many problems, but now I know why it is shaking at 60+

car is a '97 boxster 2.5L

He told me I needed new front strut rod bushings, but that they can only order the whole assys. Looking in my bentley book, I am only seeing bearings, no bushings, are these the same thing?

List of things that need replacing -

- Rack and pinion has a little bit of play (someone suggested buying a rebuilt one? which I found at pelican) (part # 996-347-011-07)
- Front sway bar links are shot (part # 996 343 069 03 ; 996 343 070 03)
- Front strut rod bushings (I think I can only get the whole arm unfortunately part # 996-341-043-06)
- 2 new front tires
- Left rear rim is bent (it's in the inner flat part of the rim, can only see it when spinning the wheel)

So, anyone have recommendations for places to get these items? I'm currently searching, but only coming up with a few places online (pelican and ebay for the most part)
Can anyone confirm I have the correct part #'s, and also on that topic, are there any books with a list of part numbers in it? I can't seem to find any in my bentley or 101projects books.

They gave me an estimate of right around $2200 not including a new rim, hopefully I can save some money and find some parts online and do some of it myself lol

Last edited by silentfrosty; 03-31-2012 at 07:36 PM.
silentfrosty is offline   Reply With Quote