View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 04:32 PM   #1
darkstormvx

100,000 miles easy...How do I get to 200,000??

Hey guys,

I've reached 110,000 miles and my 2005 987 S still drives the same way it did when I bought it with 18,000 on the odo. I'd like to keep it that way, so I'd like to ask for some advice on what to replace or do maintenance on at this time.

Ive done regularly scheduled maintenance and oil changes (Redline 5w40,new filter)
Ive had relatively light issues:
32,000 top failed, Fixed under warranty
45,000 front left radiatior squealed, Replaced under warranty
80,000 miles, POP! Replaced conv top ball attachments, DIY
Replaced with Optima battery 100,000 Miles

And a few issues now:
Driver side window wont automatically lower the full 1/4 inch most times when u pull the handle to open the door; only lowers like 1 or 2 mm, so it doesn't close fully
I believe one of the lifters is dirty, as there's been very light ticking back there for over a year now at idle at times.
Center radiator squeals on cold days rarely. Temperature has never been past 12:00 position.
Very rarely, at idle I will drop a couple hundred RPMS then back to normal, then a couple hundred, then back to normal and so on, then minutes later its fine.

I drive daily, occasionally long distances, and sometimes hard. Ive never auto crossed but might in the future. I don't care about resale value, I'll be keeping this car forever. Love it.

While I'm no mechanic, Id say I'm technically inclined. Ive replaced every bulb, the brake pads, filters, etc myself with this sites help. Id like to know what to work on next, (serpentine belt?, hoses?, suspension?, coolant?, spark plugs?, radiator?, exhaust???), what I could do myself or what I might need a mechanic for, and if anyone knows how to solve these minor issues I have^^.

And advice is appreciated