View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #9
WhipE350
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmaddbrad View Post
Why do people feel the necessity to modify their cars like this? That air box was engineered for performance. I don't see how a $200 "cold air intake" will make a performance difference over the engineers that were payed hundreds of thousands of dollars to design a great intake..
Not to start an argument, I tend to avoid them on the forum, however I have to respectfully disagree with part of your statement. I know many engineers that aren't worth their hundreds of thousands and many that are, either way they are often on a clock and time lines to get projects done and out the door. Rockets blow up and planes crash. How is it that these same engineers don't get it right the first time and seem to find more hp each year from the same engine. Even the new Boxster has reduced engine size and boosted hp. I'm not implying his mods are any better but to answer your first question I assume because he is creative and it is fun. If I wanted a Boxster to not tinker with I would have bought a 2011 and not a 2000. Worst that can happen is it throws a cell and he puts the old system back in.
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote