Old 03-23-2012, 07:01 AM   #10
recycledsixtie
recycledsixtie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmods View Post
Haha sport cars huh!

1) I don't fix what's not broken
2) I don't normally get easily influenced by those in the business of changing parts
3) I follow official reports and figures - in this case they are very low, or still non-existent
4) I couldn't care less even if the car itself would blow up, I'd get another one tomorrow
5) A car is for driving, and life is for living

I do have the double-row IMS bearing sitting here however. Been here for the last 12 months or so. I was waiting for a valid reason to drop the tranny so I can fit it. However plan changed after confirming a severe cam deviation (-3 degree in less than 15k) in an engine with less than 70k, and other little things which (for my taste) clearly show that this is not one of those perfectly manufactured motor!

I'm at the stage where I do not know whether I should drop the the 2.5L and rebuilt it myself (as a hobby... love gasket kits!) -OR- just enjoy it until it blows up and then mount a 3.4L fully rebuilt engine.

Car stories for you brotha. Good luck with yours!
Yes I agree 100% with this. I have weakened and had installed the IMS Guardian though. PPI said fine oil mist on rear of engine and bell housing. Is that a ploy to get me to install new RMS, ims job and new clutch while in there? When the Guardian warning goes off , then a new IMS. Otherwise I drive my 2001 Boxster base hard when conditions permit. Good post. Great thoughts.
recycledsixtie is offline   Reply With Quote