View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 06:54 AM   #20
RandallNeighbour

Now here's where I must differ with a few of you.

I've bought pre-owned cars from guys who really loved the car I was buying. They did all their own maintenance, and researched what needed replacement and did lots of preventative maintenance and replacement on the drivetrain, suspension, etc.

I'd buy a car from a guy who flat loved his car enough to learn how it works and how to repair it to his own level of satisfaction over a guy who enjoyed driving his car and took it to a dealership.

Last weekend I bought a floor jack. In a year or two I will have done some big repairs on the car myself and will be proud to say that if it needs fixing, I can do that myself or learn along side my mechanic while he does the work and I help him.

Whoever buys my car (which won't be any time soon) will drive away knowing that he or she has bought a vehicle that has been cared for by a hands-on owner who not only did his own maintenance and repairs to save money, but for the love of doing it and the love of the vehicle. <-- That's the kind of person from which I would like to buy my next Porsche, if I ever sell mine.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote