View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 11:55 AM   #9
Drphil
midlifechrisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala View Post
Been there, been confused, been educated and attained nirvana!

NO gog er i mean fog light on the right. Only on left.
got it.. obviously i'm not the first to think this.

I have a jaguar- rear fog lights both sides, i had a Saab 900s turbo convertible, had rear fogs as well., so this is new to me, and i appreciate suggestion of owner's manual, i had been thru it but missed that somehow.

I was once pulled over by a deputy sherrif - i was in the 2004 jag, i had the front and rear fogs on- he said my brake lights must be stuck on- i said i do not think so, may i get out and look, he says sure, i look and see its the fogs he is referring to, so i tell him i will test the brake, and show him the brakes are fine it is a fog light- he says" ive never heard of that before , so i tell him all the cars i know that have them, - but thanks for being concerned , if it had been what he thought, i would have been glad to know, how else would you know, see you later, he says wait, i have to give you a warning!!! i say, for what? he says he has to because he already called it in , so then i get a little perterbed and ask why i would get a warning to fix something that was not broken, maybe i should give him one for jumping to conclusions!! he did not like that, but he still insisted,. I told him if he gave me one he better write on it exactly what the thought and what it was., - and i took it to his supervisor who i happen to know,-
small town-- he got a slap on the wrist for being a idiot and had to sent a written appology - now you dont see that too often.

now i can just see being pulled over for having one fog light not 2, and trying to explain that "officer, that is the way it is supposed to be" just wait- it will happen.
thanks for the help.

now i hve to go and fix my broken ignition switch
Drphil is offline   Reply With Quote