View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 07:34 PM   #8
99-Boxster-MK

Geez.. I wasn't expecting this reaction.. I was proud of myself until I read all this.. thanks for the support guys.

BTW, before you start bashing me I did everything that was specified in the service checklist, inclusing hooking up to a code reader, and we even bled the breaks.

If you guys want to continue funding the new granite floors and marble bathroom in the dealership owners house then go ahead, but please don't bash me or other for wanting to do the work ourselves.

I much rather get my hands dirty and get a beter understanding about my car, then pay someone else to do it. It's not a money issue as I am more then able to afford dealer upkeep, but why?

If you think about it 2 people at just over 2 hours is 4 hours of labour anyways.. so its damm close. Me and my friend weren't working together, as much as each of us were doing our own thing. I did half the plugs, he did the other half, while he was jaking the car and taking the wheels off, I was replacing the air and cabin filters, etc... so I think we were rather thorough.

Mike
99-Boxster-MK is offline   Reply With Quote