View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 06:23 AM   #9
bwruss

Thanks for the helpful responses. Regarding the possibility of being a flood car it seems unlikely, I think. The car is a one owner; bought, kept, and traded in a region that was not affected by flooding. The folks who did the PPI did not mention a code related to water (is there, literally, a code for that?), and they didn't pick up on any other evidence of water damage.

The car was traded in at a jaguar/land rover dealership and they have had their techs, working in consultation with the local porsche dealer techs, check out the code findings and have found nothing wrong.

I don't want to be naive about the purchase and I am not yet emotionally attached to the car but do like the color combo and, assuming it is in good shape, the price seems right. The dealer is offering a 2 month/2000 mile warranty which I suppose provides some level of comfort.

I am going to look at it Monday so any other thoughts or suggestions would be welcomed. By the way, this forum is great and I have learned so much from it.
bwruss is offline   Reply With Quote