View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 09:25 AM   #5
BudmanV24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
What you have done is increase the freezing point of the mixture, reduce the level of corrosion protection, shorten the life of the coolant mix, and throw in a useless additive that may further shorten the life of the coolant. I’d also bet you did not use distilled water either, which further exacerbates the shortening of the coolant mix life.

I’m not really sure how any of this is a positive……………
Sounds like someone is mad that it's too cold in their area to run a mostly distilled water mix, lol. I ran this sort of mix for nearly a decade in the dirt bikes I raced with no problems and excellent results. I also run a very similar mixture in my boxster. The Water Wetter adds corrosion protection and reduces the surface tension of the water. If I'm not mistaken it's actually not too far off from dishwasher soap. If you're not seeing freezing temps, or pushing the car close to the point of boiling regularly, this is always a good mod to increase your systems cooling capacity. We all know that glycol doesn't transfer heat very well compared to water. This is also more environmentally friendly as you're using less of the toxic stuff.
BudmanV24 is offline   Reply With Quote