View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 04:49 PM   #7
Bala

Quote:
Originally Posted by maj75 View Post
And you could have eliminated the problem with a ROW tune...

Well, your SAI system might not have been working properly, but the Inspection people would never know and you would have gotten a few more ponies. (Unless they plug into your DME as part of the inspection)
Few more ponies maybe but a lot more error codes I did get for sure. There was a pop pop sound on startup->idle. I think I can attribute that to the vacuum suck on the oil tube. The damn thing was cracked in 3 places at the ribbed area. Seems like engine heat might have melted it at the ribs. I need to figure out how to stop that once I install the new tubes. I read somewhere that these tubes needed a mesh sock but Sunset says that is not available anymore. I can see so many places that I need mesh sock, or need replacement or additional ones.

As for the inspection, I did clear some errors by fixing some issues, drove the car like crazy and took in straight to inspection. Luckily the guy said he wasn't going to go crazy about it. Whatever that meant, I passed. No codes at that point though. I do get the SAI codes and that's why this replacements. I have confirmed the MAF is good so next in line were oil fill tube and SAI.

And I'm not sure I understand you correctly. Not fixing the SAI would give me more ponies? I thought it was the other way around?
2000 Boxster S 3.2L
1990 Land Rover Defender 6x6
Bala is offline   Reply With Quote