View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 06:41 AM   #4
blue2000s
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Roberts View Post
We are pulling apart a BoxsterS engine for another issue and discovered a new one

I see water in the oil, pull apart engine, I see intermix primarily in the crankcase

How in the heck (say that with a redneck undertone) do we have water in the oil (typically its oil in the water) This means water is leaking into the engine somehow. We have seen in the past casting plugs in the heads fall out and DUMP water into the system, but typically these are engines that have oil in the water also (cracked 3.2/3.4 heads) They like to crack near these casting plugs (most people call them freeze plugs) but the heads looked great!!

Here is why we had water in the oil, but little to no coolant lost in the system:

No bueno

The brown sealant is from Porsche

B
Interesting. I've had sparatically disapearing coolant for a couple of years. I seem to slowly loose coolant sometimes, but not all the time. Coolant level won't drop when you put pressure on the reservior and the cylinders look dry when scoped. There are no signs of a leak and no signs of water in the oil or oil in the water. I wonder if I have this same issue.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote