View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 05:03 PM   #30
linklaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvhs18472 View Post
These " no politics " statements that have been posted on this thread remind me of what my Mother used to say when she would start a discussion, and when she would see that she was losing badly say" I don't want to talk about it any more". The political climate in our country does effect our ability to enjoy our cars.
I agree. The political climate does impact our ability to enjoy our cars. I am not a fan of driving on broken, pothole pocked roads or over bridges that might fall down. We have plenty of both in western Pennsylvania. Unless and until some dollars are spent on infrastructure, I am afraid the road situation is only going to get worse and we'll be facing additional bridge closures due to safety concerns. I just learned that the US is now a net exporter of oil. Until that changes and speculators are taken out of the energy market, we will be faced with ever increasing fuel prices. The president of Exxon/Mobil said that speculation accounts for an extra dollar to dollar and a half per gallon of gasoline. As far as political discussions are concerned, winning or losing has nothing to do with keeping the discussion here centered around our cars, which is the common thread among those who frequent the forum. There are plenty of other places to rant about our government.
linklaw is offline   Reply With Quote