View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 05:22 AM   #6
Ghostrider 310
Ex Esso kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvhs18472 View Post
And the point is? It is not the governments obligation nor duty to legislate these sorts of things. The reason Americans fought and died in wars was so that there would be no big brother. It always amazes me what people are willing to give up so that they don't have to take responsibilities for their own actions. Ed

My dad is very sick so excuse the tantrum but... Are you @$%&* kidding me dude? Mandating mileage is how you see the government being big brother? They can expose you to radiation each time you fly increasing your risk of leukemia but you think the gas mileage is offensive to those who served for us? We have people jailed from sea to shining sea for doobies and you want to make the government an Ahole about mileage!!! I suggest you broaden your view of what is too much oversight. Comon, we used to be able to smoke in planes, bowling alleys, restaurants. A DWI meant you hit something or someone, you could have a beer on your #$^& boat. It's twenty effing twelve and sodomy is still illegal with your spouse in some southern states! If you want to discuss the loss of freedoms the list is mighty long and needs to include more than a call for better gas mileage. Think of what we could save without a war on drugs or the eradication program for prostitution, it's only been around since Jesus any year now it should end.....
Ghostrider 310 is offline   Reply With Quote