View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 08:14 AM   #1
kavlono

Hello and here are my first questions about buying a Boxster

Hello gang!
I am a new Porsche Boxster fanatic located in beautiful, sunny and dry San Diego. I got the Boxster bug and now cannot think of anything else-to the detriment of my employer.
So I have read I think all of the posts on this great site and have several question which I hope you can help me with. I am looking for a base Boxster with no option whatsoever except windscreen. I do not race or even drive fast due to the conditions of my parole-but that is another story. But I do intend to drive it long distances and enjoy the views. I want a new car and will be buying in the February 2007 time frame. So with that here are my questions:

1-Pricing- I got an internet quote for $2500 over invoice for a 2006 Boxster from and LA Dealer. Edmonds shows the list of the base Boxster to be $45k with a invoice price of $39k. That means I could theoretically walk out of the dealer with a price of about $42k. Does that seem realistic? Has anyone pocked up a 2006 for under $45k. can anyone recommend a dealer in So Cal?

2-Power outlet: Is there a place on the base Boxster where you can plug in your cell phone or is that an option. I read posting on the subject but it was not clear.

3-Is the ground clearance a problem for speed bumps? And how forgiving is the Boxster to bottoming out?

4-Is the owners manual with service information available on PDF for free or purchased? I want to read it before I buy to make sure there are no surprises.

5-What is the sacrosanct movie of Porsche Lovers? IS it Risky Business? I have a couple of Harley and when I got them I had to get Easy Rider and a collection of other biker trash movies to help me to fit into the life style.

6-What do you do in case of a flat tire?

7-Are there factory tours in Finland where they make the Boxsters? Has anyone gone on one?

That’s it for now gang. I will have more questions later and appreciate all the help.
kavlono is offline   Reply With Quote