View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 02:55 AM   #8
Registered User
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Algonquin, Misarikwack
Posts: 710
Originally Posted by wvboxst3r View Post
So if I move I can't take my Boxster? I would consider it at that mark up.
Yes you can. It's call "Temporary import for personal use". There is NO tax however you are not allowed to sell the vehicle, it is a long process to get them plated (certificatessss, homologation, etc), and it has to leave the country with you. Some country (customs) will require a bond on the vehicle, not all.

I'm currently in China and have done this for one P car (needed plate) and 2 superbikes (track only, no plate). Not easy... but doable.
madmods is offline   Reply With Quote