View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 03:49 PM   #15
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxonalden View Post
Just as Perfectlap said below, but I'd add something to it. I'd pull a pick up truck behind it, put the car in neutral. Then push the car at a high rate of speed right through the front glass doors.
Well I wouldn't go that far.

Remember in the movie Gone in 60 Seconds? Back then people were smashing windows to take home a Porsche. LOL Not to give them back! Ah the early days of the m96....

On a serious note. If you do the vinyl wrap "look at this lemon I bought", call one of the local newspaper reporters or even the local news channel. So much as photo of such a spectacle would detonate all over the internet. And once its on the internet forget it it aint ever coming off. It will be a permanent fixture on every forum and message board. Obviously that could be costly for those newbie buyers weighing a new BMW/Audi vs. a new Porsche. So I would politely write them a letter saying that you intend to alert the media by such and such date. But be sure to try the goodwill approach first and document it in writing so that when you go Extreme IMS Tactics you can say "hey I gave them a chance of doing it the nice way". But I think its high time that Porsche acknowledge this issue. With more of these engines seeing 100K+ mileage the rate of failure is sure to swell.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 02-27-2012 at 03:55 PM.