View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 06:27 AM   #13
Jaxonalden

Garage
[QUOTE=Bala;279869]Explains my findings. Got to say that lying under the car with a light is like watching the stars on a clear night. See too many things. I was wondering where all the oil on the transmission side and under was coming from. Figured it was blowing all over. You comfirmed it.

Dumb question though , I see oil on the back passenger side corner of the tranny. There os a sensor in the back of the tranny amd it also seems oily. Could that be the source? Can it be fixed?[/QUOTE]

I have a Tiptronic so I don't know what the senor is that you're talking about. It could simply be the reverse back-up light switch. Whatever it is I'm sure it can be removed and a new gasket or seal replaced. Clean around it real good first with like carb spray (protect your eyes) and a brush to get all the dirt and gunk away from the area. Then drive it around and look for leaking. If it's bad you can order a new gasket, and when you go to replace it the area will be clean and you won't contaminate the insides with dirt.

Let us know what happens.