View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 09:19 AM   #22
Jittsl
SPB racer

Garage
OK..... I just watched it again and every time you brake (or even slow down) the oil pressure drops. What aren't you seeing?

Right or left is different for some reason or another and typically these cars starve for oil under extreme left hand turns - or right hand if the engine is in backwards such as a 996. No idea why, just quoting what I have heard and what I have observed. Just for the record this does require in excess of 1g for sustained periods. Doesn't look like you would be even approaching 1g in the video you displayed and none of them look particularily sustained.

Brad, you would know better than me - does the behavior of Pedro's oil pressure gauge look right to you?

In my car whilst on the track the pressure reads 80-100 lbs (varying by temperature only) all the time if I am anything above idle. In your film your car is constantly dropping if you do anything other than drive straight and flat. Only three possible explanations that I can think of - the car is starving for oil because it is too low, there is something wrong with the oiling system and it cannot deliver the required pressure the minute the revs drop (such as braking or turning) OR there is something wrong with the gauge. Since it is a noname gauge with a dubious wiring setup I would be inclined to believe the later.

Laurie

Last edited by Jittsl; 02-24-2012 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Spelling
Jittsl is offline   Reply With Quote