View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 03:13 AM   #1
jantje_111

HELP ! Exhaust gases/headache inside NEW boxster

Help ! I was given a Porsche Boxter for a weekend for a test drive. It was an amazing experience and BUT there is a serious problem . The first day, I did end with a headache. The second day, I did also end with a headache. The third day, it was even worse. Then, I did start to think about what I did remark ; often a strong smell of the engine gases. I remembered smelling several times suddenly the gases coming out of the engine while driving with open roof. What did worry me especially, is that the last day, after driving about 8 miles with the roof closed, when I did take two turns short one after the other, I did also suddenly notice a strong smell of engine gases inside the cockpit.
The second day, the headache was worse than the first day, and the third day it was worse than the second day ; as if the intoxication was building up in my blood. The third day I did have terrible headaches, I did feel light-headed and even did not have appetite to eat but a slight inclination to vomit .
When I did speak with my wife who had joined me during the test-drives, she admitted that she also did have a headache the first, second and third day ... so it can not be a coïncidence that both me and my wife have a headache after driving in this car together. As I did want so very much to buy this car, I am desperate now ! Does anyone own the new model of the boxter ? Did anyone notice these smells ? Does anyone also suffer headaches in this car ? Because now, I fear to buy this car and end up with a car that gives me headaches , intoxicates my blood and maybe gives me a cancer in the long run !
Pleas send me an email ; jan_a@mac.com
jantje_111 is offline   Reply With Quote