View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 06:29 AM   #21
ppbon

There is nothing wrong with the gauge...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jittsl View Post
Pedro, I would suggest that there was something wrong with the engine's oil pressure gauge long before it failed. Is that what you normally see? I also have an oil pressure gauge that I can see in my video and I have never seen it dropping under brakes (let alone around right hand corners) the way yours does. It doesn't appear as if the car is pushing particularily hard and yet any movement away from dead flat and the pressure drops - and that's with an accusump!

If that was typical I doubt these motors would last five minutes. I would be interested to see your next video after you make repairs to the wiring and (might I suggest) you swap the inputs to the two gauges to see if the response is still the same. I am taking it as a given that the oil level was correct. Just for the record, where did you attach your oil pressure sender?
... the reason it stopped working was because I didn't give the wire enough slack and it was a solid core wire (not stranded), hence it broke.
I don't see any oil pressure drop under braking, just under lateral acceleration.
Most of the turns at Sebring reach or surpass 1G lateral (with racing tires).
My engine's oil sender is located on the left bank port just under the left intake plenum and fuel injector bar.
Why would left hand turns be different than right hand turns as far as oil pressure is concerned?
The Accusump doesn't change the way the engine oil pressure behaves. That depends on the baffles and sump itself and how the oil reacts to the lateral forces.
It only opens up once the engine's pressure drops bellow 35 psi (or whatever other setting you desire). Once the pressure drops to that threshold the valve on the Accusump opens and oil under pressure is injected back into the engine.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro