View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 11:29 AM   #13
jaykay

Thanks Pedro. This is some very convincining real time data.

I would like to see this demo with someone running a windage tray. Anybody have data or experience running a deep sump, baffle, and windage tray?

Not too sure how many out there run them. It is an old idea but I feel it to be a key feature. I have one in mine to keep the oil from climbing the walls of the sump......trapping it; I hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppbon View Post
... including my own, I am convinced that the Boxster NEEDS an Accusump system, especially when using sticky tires.
It doesn't matter whether you have the oil pan extension or the Motorsport AOS or the X-51 Baffles in the sump or anything other than an Accusump or a dry sump system.
The oil will creep up the sides of the sump and the pump will suck air.
One or two, or three laps like this won't kill the engine, but you do 3 or 4 20 minute sessions and the damage you're doing to the engine is unquestionable.
Take a look at my latest video and watch the gauges in the middle.
The right gauge is the engine's oil pressure.
The left gauge is the Accusump's pressure.
The center gauge is oil temp.
At 4:33 into the video the engine oil pressure sender's wire broke and you'll see the right gauge at zero. The left gauge (Accusump) still shows it's working.

If it weren't for the Accusump at every high-speed turn the engine's oil pressure would drop to zero, even though the RPMs are at 6-7K.
With the Accusump you see that as soon as the engine's oil pressure drops below 35 psi, the Accusump opens it's release valve and kicks up the engine's pressure.

Lap@Sebring.mov - YouTube

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro