View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 08:33 AM   #1
joshua6060

New radio installed question

Hi Everyone,

When my radio stopped working for some odd reason I thought, great, now is the time to have satellite radio installed which I had grown accustomed to having in my truck. So I had an Alpine - 50W x 4-Channel with SiriusXM Satellite Radio (Model: CDE-124SXM) radio installed into my 2001 Boxster that came with the factory 6 speaker set up and amplifier. I didn’t change any speakers or the amp as I thought they sounded great (not the best but certainly good enough for me).
The factory speaker set up in my Boxster has 6 speakers - 2 behind your head, 2 in the doors and 2 in the dash and factor amplifier and (NO SUB).

Now the new Alpine radio is installed(had indy shop put it in), they seemed to have wired my dashboard speakers as the front speakers, the rear speakers as the rear speakers and the door speakers as the sub speakers so basically, I'm not getting full sound because now my door speakers which used to kick pretty hard(or at least good enough for me) RARELY come on. When the old radio was in, I don’t ever actually recall hearing any noticeable sound from the dash speakers. Any insight or thoughts would be appreciated. I’m wondering if the indy shop, while they do great work on the usual Porsche stuff, wasn’t sure how to wire the radio correctly? How do I correct this? Right now I only hear the dash speakers and rear speakers, the door speakers rarely add anything to the sound and I have adjusted the radio settings over and over again, they simply aren’t putting out much sound if any. During most songs they contribute nothing.

"Its Craptacular" - Bart Simpson 1997
joshua6060 is offline   Reply With Quote