Thread: Common Ailments
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2005, 05:13 PM   #2
nautiquelfe

Hey this is a great idea. Since I bought my car I have done much and have many pending projects:

1) Oil change as soon as I got home. No record w/ the car to reflect when the last one had been performed.

2) New cross drilled rotors and mintex pad all the way around, went ahead and got new sensors for all four wheels also(wasnt sure which were indicating brake wear. Also got a power bleeder and ATE supe blue brake fluid. Brakes are very responsive compared to the worn pads and rotors.

3) 60K service. Even though car only has 52K miles. Just wasnt sure about the upkeep for car and just seemed like good insurance. Plugs, air filter, charcoal filter, serpentine belt, fuel filter. Everything was really easy to do. I took my time and it only took about 2hrs. Took a picture of belt routing to ensure proper direction.

4) Removed all lug bolts and brushed w/ brass brush sprayed w/ primer and hammered metal krylon paint. Looks so much better.

Bought all my parts from PAP-Parts I recomend them highly. I only intended to buy the "tune-up" parts from them, but told them I was interested in doing brakes and rotors also. The salesman convinced me to shop around and find the best legitimate price for the proper parts, then call back and he'd beat it. Saved me nearly $100 for all rotors, pads, sensors. Not to mention the savings from combined shipping. Call and talk to them about parts 1-800-944-2964.

I have many more projects to get to but have to save a bit more. They are getting more expensive as I go
-need new top, interested in glass option but really wanna see how well they hold up over time
-getting a complete paint job, clear coat has peeled off on hood and price for respray was nearly half the price of full paint. I also have many small dings and scratches that really aggrevate me to death. They are going to be repaired while its in paint shop
-want to upgrade speakers and head unit.
Much more to do but this is a good start.