Thread: IMS statistic
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 05:45 AM   #5
landrovered

Garage
I couldn't agree more and wish to add that an internet forum is a highly distorted place to obtain data that in any way represents the entire population of M96 owners.

It is a bit like the local TV news coverage that has three folks standing behind the reporter picketing which gives the impression that there is some mass movement going on when it is really only three people and two of them got paid to be there by the other one. (This is simply a reference to Bonfire of the Vanities and not an indictment or judgement of anyone's marketing programs)

My wifes 2.5 has 120k on it and I can hear little noises at startup, I am not going to tear it down, I am not going to replace the IMS or the RMS or likely even the clutch because the motor has 120k on it! It is a great running motor and will eventually be replaced. If you were to dig in to her motor you would find all sorts of stuff that is not in spec as San Rensho has so aptly stated. It still runs like a top.

I am glad for Harry, the best time to fix a problem is before it breaks. Like Ltusler said find it, fix it, get on with it. Just don't try to draw any meaningful conclusions from the event.