View Single Post
Old 10-08-2005, 07:38 AM   #37
my89_928gt

I think I will tell my wife to buy a lawn chair and boom box and do the same.
Though I have barely touched my Boxster I work on my own car's allways have.
For a sports car like this I have to as well.
I spent to much time working on my first 928. Pissed her off. Especialy when I decided to pull the engine and change it and convert from an auto to a 5sp, did a bunch of powder coating of parts my self. Very time consumeing project.
So, now I try to work on my car's when she is not home Easy to do since I normaly work afternoon shift.

As for extended warrantys, I used to me skeptical(still am of most of them) however the warranty we have on our Town and Country van paid for it's self as the transmission failed at 39K miles. Chrysler just can't build a tranny even today!
On my 97 Boxster I got one from my credit union. It is ICS. My car had 74,000 miles on it when I bought it just over a year and half ago. I got 3 year 36,000 mile waranty no deductable and includes ware, also transferable to an individual or can cancle at any time for a prorate.. It cost me $2175. I can bring it to any certified mechanic so I use the local dealer for warranty stuff. Me for whats not covered. Like rear suspenion, so I will do my own trailing arms and did the coolant tank. Warranty has picked up 100% of window regulator, water pump(plus nearly all of the toweing-I had to pay $48). Their was some thing else put can't recall what it was off hand. So, it is close to paying for it's self.
my89_928gt is offline   Reply With Quote