View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 05:35 AM   #1
recycledsixtie
recycledsixtie

Garage
Can u help me make a decision....

on whether to go ahead and get the ln ceramic ims, new rms and clutch job done on my 2001 Boxster base. Mileage is 38k. Symptoms are: oil on rear of engine but no oil drips on garage floor. Rubber smell coming out of engine vents after I shut engine down(clutch?). It passes the clutch test in 3rd gear, park brake on , 2000 rpm etc and engine stalls, clutch does not slip. However there is a slight judder when going from rest and accelerating in 1st gear. I have had the ims guardian installed and no problems yet with the motor. I intend on keeping this car for at least 5 years so I dont mind spending the$$$$ on it. The downside of not doing anything is I would think is : destroy clutch and flywheel eventually and later more $$$$. Do I need to get a 2nd opinion on whether there is sufficient oil on rear of engine to justify rms, ims done? I will go along with what the majority of u say on whether to do it or not. Two separate quotes for the work done in this part of the world $3500!Otherwise everything else is great
recycledsixtie is offline   Reply With Quote