View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 07:54 AM   #21
BYprodriver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt brad View Post
prodriver,

it seems like a pretty comprehensive build-up. one of the things that i like about jake's builds is that they address all of the "modes of failure." also having 300+hp ain't bad either.

while i don't need a motor right now, it's always good to have resources. buying a motormeister just doesn't cut it. i may give you a call if/when the time comes.

i think i read somewhere else that you've done 2 of the m96 raby builds. did you ever get the other motor on the dyno to see what kind of power it makes? while i'm leary of instant-g's work, it's hard to argue with his logic that the boxster motor makes significantly less hp/lt than the 996. something is choking it down. i am hoping to unlock the missing hp whenever the rebuild time comes. i am curious if your experience shows that the 3.6 makes 300+ as jake advertises.

brad
Thanks Brad, I am in the middle of my 3rd M96 rebuild now. I haven't done any dyno testing but the power difference is obvious while driving. I'm not familiar with instant-g's work but since the Boxster S got Vario-Cam + in 2003 most of the power increases have ben made with exhaust, intake & DME tweeks. With the exception of displacement size Boxster S & 996 engines are nearly identical, it's the external components that allow the 996's higher output.
BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote