View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 09:18 AM   #10
cfos

I can surmise that you have (at least) read a few of the words I posted, but I have no idea if you read them in order or just picked a few "key words" and formed your own sentences based upon my post. I didn't pretend to be an authority about the pedestrian cycles, and it appears from your post that those are included. I do understand the concept of cycling.

Sure, you don't see the news splattered with emergency vehicles caught in the act of Death Race 2000, BECAUSE they have sirens and flashing lights(!) Do people who use these devices, likewise, have sirens and flashing lights that would alert a pedestrian? I think not. Do pedestrians, when crossing a street, always keep their eyes firmly on the crosswalk sign until they reach curb? Do all drivers pay close attention while driving? Feel free to answer these questions if you can.

Likewise, I didn't make claims that I know which cities operate with these systems. I just thought of a relatively large city and a state that has many traffic problems with (or without devices). I guess these cities are "safe"...?

Personally, I don't pretend that I know the mindset of posters. So when people post, as you started this thread, with comments regarding holiday gifts and post a website, it does "sound" like an endorsement or a promotion. Likewise, you make a claim about it, "No way will it cause an accident." which elicited my post of a possible scenario. I will agree to relax when posts, such as this, discontinue.

Please do read all of the posts. I'm doing my best to read all of the post (and the sentences as written) before I reply.

Last edited by cfos; 10-07-2005 at 11:18 AM.
cfos is offline   Reply With Quote