View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 06:46 AM   #8
cfos

I agree with spine911. I think those types of devices are dangerous and can lead to accidents. Sure, I don't doubt that the lights on the cross roads will change from green to red as your light changes from red to green. Problem is, what if you are at the cross light and yours suddenly changes from green to red, are you paying enough attention to adjust? I'm sure many of us drive the same route to work and have a pretty good idea about how long the lights are either green or red. Let's say you are alone and you approach the light and suddenly it starts changing -- are you really going to be able to stop? Will you get rearended or do the same to the person in front of you? Heck, how many of you (and others) use cell phones while driving -- no accidents? Please...

And if you are, do you think everyone else will? Before anyone tries to argue that the police and emergency vehicles do this and no one crashes, blah blah blah, keep in mind that these emergency vehicles also have flashing lights and sirens that will alert people and (hopefully) people move aside regardless of the color of the light. These items are/were in the news, off and on. We already deal with horrible drivers and hot-rod teens that street race, do we really need to promote these types of items or post about them? I don't know about you, but I'll freely admit that my life isn't that important that I need something like this. I can only imagine what happens (if the traffic lights respond) in California traffic or NYC traffic if someone gets ahold of these. It might be worse in NYC because you have so many people crossing streets on foot. You'd hope that the pedistrian signs would like wise change, wouldn't you? I've been to downtown MN and those blocks are pretty short to cross on foot. Many cities have wider blocks and these changes will likely affect them in addition to the people in cars.

Last edited by cfos; 10-07-2005 at 08:02 AM.
cfos is offline   Reply With Quote