View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 10:22 AM   #21
jaykay

I am starting to like the idea of a manual handle more and more. One could rev and flip the handle even while rolling through the paddok or the last straight on a cool down. This way you can let the engine idle/cool before shut down avoiding avoiding a fresh fuel charge in the cylinders if that's still an issue these days. I suppose one could piggy back the cable on the shifter cable route...hopefully without binding

Do you have a picture of your installation location location sound pretty unique! I didn't think there would be room there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAP1DOUG View Post
To the OP - I think this is a great thought, and could help chain guide life, which seems to be an issue for some.

Actually there are two vesrions of the electric valve system. One is a standard solenoid that Canton warns is for start-up pre-oiling only. I don't know why, but I had guessed it must be a reduced port size valve.

The other electric valve option is supposed to charge the accusump slowly, but flow out at a higher rate. I can't imagine how / why this works.

So, I just ordered the manual valve one too, as I don't trust the solenoid operating scheme, and yes solenoids do fail. I got the big 22" long one, which fits very nicely in the tunnel above the water lines.

Last edited by jaykay; 02-01-2012 at 11:49 AM.
jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote