View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #55
stateofidleness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderRS View Post
Do you meaned me? If so, please take a look at the sizes, which i use. there are 18" rims and 3-piece custom made with forged center disk, so the wheels are very light.

I drive this rims since 2005 and more than 30thsd. miles without any issues... wether on german autobahn in highspeed or on the race track in Hockenheim, so you can believe it, when i say it works perfect... not easy to tell what, if you've never driven in such a car with.

of course, looks a beautiful 19 "wheel better but that does not mean that it also runs better with it. as I know, that victor wheel wheights are not the lightest, because we have a customers 993tt conversion so equipped.
I was saying, that if you want to put 19" rims on a Boxster, they're not gonna be light unless they're VERY high end rims and even in that pic with the 18", there's no room left to even squeeze a 19" on. You also posted a follow up pic of a 993 (sexy car btw) which has wiiiiide flares and the space for a larger rim.

How does you car handle turns? Do you not have "curb rash" all over your rims? Check out this video: Shannonville - 08 Accent Low Profile 16" Alloys - YouTube

I don't track mine so I don't know if there's a "technical" term for that effect, but in the pic of your rear wheel, there's no way in hell you're not riding rim on any kind of turn at decent speed.
stateofidleness is offline   Reply With Quote