View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #1
clb0099

Hood won't open and the emgergency cable is snapped!

I am having a really bad week... or maybe month. Let's start off with the fact my circulate pump on my heat went at the beginning of the month, then two days after that my hot water heat went. I figured it was only a matter of time for the third thing to go wrong so I just waited for it. Let's just say I wasn't surprised to see that my car one day wouldn't start.... I tried to pop the hood and got nothing, after about hour of trying to jump start the fuse that has the hood picture on it I gave up and had the car towed to my mechanic. After dropping it off I found that you can jump start it in the engine compartment or hook up a battery trickle ( which is what my mechanic did). He explained to me that once he did that my car started right up. I found it odd but nevertheless was happy that it wasn't the starter or battery ( as of now) cause i can't nor can my mechanic open the front hood to check the battery. So, I decided to go to my emergency cable to pop my hood and to my great luck the cable is snapped and just stuffed up in the wheel well... Just a side note I am the second owner of this car so .... So now what do I do to get into my car.... Any suggestions.. Can I removed the bumper and get to the hood release.. plz any help would be great
clb0099 is offline   Reply With Quote