View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 08:28 AM   #3
SeaNile

I had a 99 Boxster that was used as a daily driver. The car was lowered a little and had really wide 18's and honestly rode like a truck. I liked the car but when our first baby came along I sold it and bought an H2. My wife had a 325i (we've had about 6 BMW's between us) and just recently bought a new X5. Well I got the bug for a different car and started shopping around. I really thought I wanted an Infiniti G35 coupe because of the performance numbers, back seat and the pretty reasonable prices. Well I drove one and absolutely hated it because of my past experiences with my Boxster. All of a sudden I've realized how awesome of a car the boxsters really are. I too considered a e46 M3 but the prices were just too much for me and I could not find a low mile car. Seems that people really drive their M3's. So, last Friday I picked up an 02 Boxster S with 16K miles. Wow did I miss my boxster. I use it for a daily driver and have had no problems with either boxster. Loud, hmm maybe but not bad at all to me.

I drive like a wimp so tires and brakes last forever for me. Oil change with Mobil 1 from the dealer is $150. The 99 needed a new alternator for $900 but that was it. Never had any issues or problems at all. As much as I would love a garage queen if you park far away from people and take care of the car they hold up very very well.

Guess my point is they do work very well for daily drivers. The feel of a porsche compared to a japanese car is very hard to describe. Although I've yet to drive a 911 I can't imagine a better feeling car than the Boxster.

I say go for it!

--JK
SeaNile is offline   Reply With Quote