View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 02:44 PM   #38
stateofidleness

well fellas, i started flying the white flag about an hour ago and put the bottom cover panels back on in prep for a tow some time this week.

in looking at it a bit more, the seam between engine and transmission has caked oil on it and now fresh oil from the testing. also, it looks like it's coming from the passenger side mid-transmission area. for instance, the little heat shield on the exhaust pipe behind the cat was smoking during the idle testing (had fluid on it), while the driver's side was PERFECTLY clean. this makes me think it it's not the RMS, but I'm too much of a novice to be definitive...

i'm gonna have it towed this week and ask my indy to diagnose tranny fluid and rms possibility. either way, i'll get it fixed professionally and i'll report back. i hate admitting defeat, but it's outside the realm of expertise... quite frankly, i'm proud that i got the water pump, engine mount, and thermostat replaced without much fuss.

i really do appreciate the help everyone has given, so I will definitely report back so as not to create another "cliffhanger without resolution" thread.

last question: is it safe to drive it about 15 feet to get it out of the garage and positioned for the flatbed?
stateofidleness is offline   Reply With Quote