View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 11:31 AM   #1
GDietrich

Question Severe Intermittant Engine Smoke - Code 1319

Hi All, (don't know if this topic has been covered)

PLEASE HELP! I have a 98 Boxster with standard tranny and I am experiencing the most bizzare intermittant problem I've ever seen. 1 of 2 things is happening:

When I start the car a little puff of smoke shoots out the exhaust or a huge bellow of smoke will appear and last 1-5 minutes. The smoke is white and when it first shoots out the exhaust it looks like a little blow by or a thick puffy white cloud.

I have had both a pressure and valve test and both passed with flying colors. I've also replaced the plugs and coil packs. The oil level is fine and the coolant level appears to be ok - SOMETHING WEIRD IS GOING ON!

What troubles me is that this is an intermittant problem. I've been told it could be anything from bad sensors to a cracked block - I can only assume that if it was a cracked block, the engine would smoke ALL the time - a 16K dollar fix! An OBDII was used and I finally did receive a code:

Code 1319: A misfire/emissions related code.

According to the OBDII and Porsche, a 1319 could be one of many things:
Plugs
Coils
Air Mass Meter
Ignition Control Module
Last but NOT least - the ECM

I have no taken the car to Porsche yet. I live in Huntsville, AL and a new dealership is being built and will finally be ready by Oct 28.

Any ideas? Help!!!!!

Thanks much!

G

Last edited by GDietrich; 10-05-2005 at 11:33 AM.
GDietrich is offline   Reply With Quote